Grant County Hospice provides care services to residents throughout Grant County Wisconsin. Our office is located with the Grant County Health Department, Grant County Administration Building, 111 South Jefferson Street, Lancaster WI 53813. 608-723-6416
Grant County Hospice unites your primary physician, nurses, home health aides, social workers, spiritual counselors and trained volunteers into care teams. We work together with patients and families to bring dignity and well-being to anyone affected by illness and loss.
Why Choose Hospice?
Hospice is a supportive home based service, focused on pain and symptom management for individuals with a life limiting illness. The hospice focus is to treat the whole person (body, mind, and spirit) and not just the disease.
Hospice enables patients to remain alert and carry on a symptom free lifestyle. Hospice affirms the human spirit and allows the patient dignity, comfort and support when aggressive medicine is no longer desired and appropriate. Hospice seeks to support the entire family unit.
Benefits for Patient and Family
- Informational meetings and resources are available in assisting with making well-educated decisions.
- Medical equipment, supplies and medications related to the life-limiting illness.
- Consistent staffing to increase reliability and clinical competence.
- Support and counseling to assist with coping and handling the many issues related to a life-limiting illness.
- Volunteer services to provide companionship, intermittent family relief and increased patient socialization.
- Ongoing bereavement support for a minimum of 13 months after death.
- Superb pain and symptom management.
Benefits for Healthcare Professionals
- Immediate response time regarding referrals, questions or concerns.
- Admissions within 1-3 hours of referral where family and physicians have provided necessary approval.
- Assistance with appropriate and timely discharge planning, placement and/or transfers as needed.
- Participation in Care plan meetings if desired.
- Reduced survey obstacles and improvement outcome trends related to pain and symptom management in skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities and acute care settings.
- Coordinated plan of care and clinical issues related to disease progression.
Grant County Hospice is here for you. We care for patients at the end of life regardless of their ability to pay through the generous donations from local residents, businesses and civic groups.
Please contact our office for a consultation at (608) 723-6416.